Ask yourself – how do you show emotion? What do people do? Each person is different according to their personality. Here are more great tips on how to show feelings.
Emotions show up on your body in a variety of hand movements, eye twitches, breathing patterns and more. There are so many ways to show what your characters are feeling without boring us as readers by saying, Anabelle felt angry. Yuck! Show me, don’t tell me!
Here are some ideas:
- cold anger
- clenching jaws or grinding teeth
- uncovering the teeth
- stomach ache
- increased and rapid heart rate
- sweating, especially your palms
- feeling hot in the neck/face
- shaking or trembling
Emotionally you may feel:
- like you want to get away
- sad or depressed
- like striking out verbally or physically
View original post 462 more words